Windows Vs. No Windows
When it is time to get a new garage door, there is one feature you might want to consider: windows or no windows. Like anything, there are pros and cons to having windows. That is why it is important to consider all aspects before deciding if windows are right for you.
- Natural Light: Whether you have windows inside your home or a sun roof in your car, there is one thing they provide out of all else: natural light. Having windows on your garage door gives you even more natural light. This may be an especially good option if you don’t have any other windows in your garage.
- Curb Appeal: Having windows will increase your curb appeal and they can also be stylized to match your home's windows.
- Customization: For a look that fits your home and your style, windows offer many options, allowing you to get exactly what you want.
- Privacy: Having windows allows the ability for anyone to look inside your garage. However, when designing your door, you have multiple glass types to choose from. If you want more privacy, consider getting glass options that blur the objects inside.
- Less Efficient: If you use your garage for more than parking your car, and you need it to be more energy efficient, adding windows might not be the best option.
Adding a little luxury to your garage by incorporating windows allows for you to get that natural warmth while adding curb appeal.
Still not sure? Use our DesignView online interactive tool to visualize what the garage doors will look like on your home.